What an interesting character.
Does anyone have an audition they put on tape they would like me to review? Just email me the sides and a link to the video and I will review it during our call. You have a week to get it to me.
email me at email@example.com
Here are some generals handed out by casting folk. They are good for on camera practice.
Here are the steps to practice.
Set up your studio.
- Record your rehearsal. Stop.
- Watch the first take. It will be painful.
- Ask yourself what does this scene need staging wise, beats, relationship, moments, clothing, everything that will make it believable. The only thing not to change is the location.
- Make the whole thing happen in your home studio. Like don't move to the bed room for the bedroom scene. Make it happen in the chair or standing.
- Once you have a take you feel good about do 3 more. Watch only the last take.
- Give yourself a big old X on the calendar. You are done!