Language of the face
These actors used their characters discovered through the use of tagline and essences.
2. The LimoStudio-Photography Photo Portrait Studio Kit – if I buy this do I still need a camera light or do these lights replace that?
Yes. You don't need both.
3. The Pro 72” Super Strong Tripod – will this work with a small point and shoot camera or do I need to buy some sort of attachment to secure my camera onto the tripod? I have a small canon digital camera that takes videos and I will probably start with that first and see how it works before purchasing the camcorder.
Does your camera have a tripod mount? This is a hole (about 0.5" wide) with screw threads. Most cameras have these. If your camera has it your are good to go!
1. The Cowboy Studio Reversible Pop Out Background – what is the size on that? Nothing on Amazon is $34.77 for this product. It must have gone up and now there is one for $48.22 (4x6) and another for $52.07 (5x7). Also, do I need to buy something to hold it up or can I lean it against a wall?
Yes. You can lean it. Bigger is better. ( Warning folding back up can be a nightmare. I have to google a video to show me how to fold it.) Depending on your wall you might need a clamp to hold it in place. I just lean mine because there's nothing on the wall.
Sent from my iPad this is my space...have used it as an art studio but have also used it for getting lines down when the sides are sent....I have a two big white canvases to use as a back drop for taping ....thank you for yesterday's session Roz and hope this is enough space to set up... Danny
Sent from my iPhone
Here are some generals handed out by casting folk. They are good for on camera practice.
Here are the steps to practice.
Set up your studio.
- Record your rehearsal. Stop.
- Watch the first take. It will be painful.
- Ask yourself what does this scene need staging wise, beats, relationship, moments, clothing, everything that will make it believable. The only thing not to change is the location.
- Make the whole thing happen in your home studio. Like don't move to the bed room for the bedroom scene. Make it happen in the chair or standing.
- Once you have a take you feel good about do 3 more. Watch only the last take.
- Give yourself a big old X on the calendar. You are done!